Saturday, March 5, 2016

Righteousness Reasoning (Part 3)

"And as it was in the in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:" - Luke 17:26.

I suddenly remembered this verse, as I was meditating on what Noah would have done all those years, as he patiently prepared the ark, and went about preaching righteousness (2 Pet 2:5). The ark is now prepared - which is the cross of Jesus Christ. All who believe in Him would be saved.... All these thoughts passed through my mind, when I heard the Lord speaking to me: "So, how will the days of the Son of Man be?"

I was ready with an answer. I must have gone through these verses a hundred times since Sunday School. I started, "They were eating and drinking and marrying and giving in marriage and ..." when I sensed the Lord looking at me with a smile. I paused and looked at Him; surely I am not wrong... these are written in the following verses for all to see. What is it you are smiling about, Lord? And I heard Him say with that same quizzical smile, "Son, aren't you missing something?"

And suddenly it hit me. How could I have MISSED THAT!

It reminded me of a story, where a Biker on his motor-bike would cross an international border with a huge sack of sand tied to the pillion seat. And every time, the soldier would check the sack and find nothing but sand, and would allow the Biker to pass. Finally frustrated, one day the soldier would ask, "What are you smuggling anyway? I know you are!"
To which the Biker smiles and says, "I don't mind telling you, since this is my last consignment; all these months I was just smuggling the bike!"

What! How obvious once you know it. Yes, this is how we miss the obvious part when we read Luke 17:26. This was the reason the Lord had a quizzical smile as He looked at me.

The coming of the Son of Man will be like the days of Noah. And in the days of Noah, THERE WAS A PERSON CALLED NOAH. This is the obvious conclusion.

Where are the "Noahs" today? Where are they who does what Noah was doing - preaching righteousness. The ark is already prepared in the cross of Jesus Christ. But where are the RIGHTEOUSNESS PREACHERS?

When you see the church and preachers preach on the GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS (Rom. 5:17), then you know that the days have come for the Son of Man to return. Amen. Come Lord Jesus!

Noah found grace (incredibly the first occurrence of the word GRACE in the Scriptures) in the sight of the Lord. And he became the HEIR of RIGHTEOUSNESS according to faith. As it is written,

"By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of righteousness WHICH IS ACCORDING TO FAITH" - Heb. 11:7

Again, What does the Scriptures say, "Abraham believed God and IT was accounted to him for RIGHTEOUSNESS." (Rom. 4:3 and Gen. 15:6)

Don't miss out on the obvious. Know what to preach - the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God. Would you like to see Jesus' return? REALLY? Start to preach RIGHTEOUSNESS.

RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD.
RECEIVED as a GIFT. In
RESPONSE to FAITH.
RANSOM paid by JESUS
REVEALED  through His Spirit.

Believers become heir of RIGHTEOUSNESS.




No comments:

Post a Comment

See! Made Without Hands!

It is in my heart to share about 2 things today. One is that this extended lockdown is getting on the nerves of many who have lost jobs, ma...